Wednesday 12 November 2014

APARTMENT THERAPY: 5th district

A friend of mine has graciously allowed me to take some photos of her beautiful apartment in the 5th district of Budapest, Hungary. Every time I go to her place, I am so inspired by the unique pieces she finds at the antique markets in the city and from her travels around the world. I feel a little apartment envy purely because she is able to find such great items and makes them work so well with the rest of the decor in her home! She is an avid collector of clay pots, antique soda siphons, furniture and textiles and has her own vintage hemp shop that you can check out by following: HEMP VINTAGE 
Her simple and elegant style are reflective in her two bedroom apartment and here are a few photos I took to share with you. 

From the moment you walk through the front door, the tall double doors open up to an area which was converted into a dining area. "The previous owner had this as a living space or a bedroom and kept the doors closed. I liked the idea of opening up the doors and making it more accessible and it feels more open." 



Hand made hemp doll





Another set of doors keeps the airy concept and allows the apartment to feel like a bigger space, where you'll find the living room. "I wanted to keep the windows simple, so I didn't put any window treatments up." I like the Scandinavian look and it keeps it looking fresh and minimalist.









The bedroom has simple and delicate furnishings, in whites and light pinks. This bench is a new addition to the apartment, from the Ecseri market, in Budapest. The smaller foot stool was a treasure found in India. I love the mix of the silk and hemp on the curtains. 





I love these mosaic tiled jars, clay pots and framed hand sewn embroidered art 



The kitchen is a small space in the apartment, with a gas stove top and oven, 
but everywhere you look there are little details ready to be explored.







The view from the living room window


Details on the windows and doors



Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this space as much as I have! :)

Do you feel like you have a unique space in Budapest that you'd like to share? Contact me and we can feature your space here and inspire others in the next 'Apartment Therapy' feature.

All photos are property of MR.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MODERN REVIVAL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig