Sunday 11 November 2018

BCEFW SS19: PETER MERO

BUDAPEST CENTRAL EUROPEAN FASHION WEEK
SPRING  SUMMER 2019
OCTOBER 25 - 27, 2018


"A woman in my view should embody a blend of sensuality, delicacy and intelligence, and at the same time emit strength and confidence. These qualities do not contradict each other, but rather allow opportunity for reaching harmony. As a designer, I wish to find harmony between these extremities. I take pleasure in recognizing and revealing one's individual features or unique personality, and displaying these to others. I never follow any cliches, neither repeat my former works. I passionately look for new paths, never stopping to be inventive. As each work of my collection was inspired by a different woman, we can say each piece of art is fully personal." Peter Mero


INSPIRATION
The "Femme Fatale" of the Hollywood movies, the woman unpredictable and alluring, who uses her mystic charms with cool elegance and confidence, thus capturing men with bonds of irresistible desire. The woman who is able to hide her purposeful power behind intrigue and sweet feminine tricks. The idol who wants to conquer, like a Pin Up Girl, never stripping to the buff, and still radiating with sensuality, mystery and feminine innocence. It is amazing how much creative freedom this style allows to the designer, eliminating all taboos, but at the same giving free play for your fantasies and mystery.


UNIQUE STYLE
The style I prefer most is the sophisticated, reserved and purely feminine style.
I like to experiment with new things all the time, for there are no identical people, as there are no final forms and tailoring designs. All my dresses were inspired by different women, so every piece of my collection is unique. Each has its own "personality", which has been achieved not just by emphasizing the most beneficial lines, but rather by revealing the hidden movements of the soul. That is why all my pieces of work are so personal. Each is a creation in the noblest meaning of this world, reflecting the person who wears it. 


DRESSES CONVEYING MESSAGES
During his career as a ballet dancer, Peter learned to pay attention to the message of the body. 
As a designer, he pursues the same goal: "I communicate through appearance and shapes. 
Women have moments in their lives that bring unique and unrepeatable messages for them.
One of my favourite sayings is: You will never have the second chance to make a first impression…"

As a designer, he's learned to rely on his intuition and experience. 
"My aim is to offer women wearing my design something that represents both them and me. My aim is to create a style that makes women feel special, and first of all, make them feel like a WOMAN."

Photos property of BCEFW
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MODERN REVIVAL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig