Thursday 20 February 2014

Budapest's Whale

Sick day number 7. I can't believe that I am still fighting off this flu/cold/virus, but I decided to go out for some much needed fresh air, since I spent the whole day in bed yesterday. Gah! What a waste of a day! While walking along the Danube in Budapest, you can’t miss noticing the huge glass building between Liberty and Petőfi bridge on the Pest side. It is called the 'Bálna', meaning 'whale', referring to its shape. It opened it's doors in October 2013, and I was curious to see what this whale was all about. It houses cafes and restaurants (I can already see this being a bustling place in the summer), the Budapest Gallery, a bio market, cultural events and fairs. 

Visit the official Bálna website HERE!







Still, many of the office spaces are empty; waiting to be filled. Is anyone interested in opening their business here? It's definitely a marvelous space, with a great view. 





The honey tasting fair started today and runs until the 23rd of February. Check it out if you can! :)


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MODERN REVIVAL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig