Sunday 2 February 2014

Breakfast for your hair

This Budapest weather has been drying out my scalp and skin, and I'm looking to home remedies to get my hair and skin back into a healthy state. If you're looking for a simple hair mask to make your hair clean, shiny and healthy, I suggest a lemon, milk, egg and oil mask! Lemon is a natural astringent as it closes the pores in the scalp, thereby getting rid of excess oil in your hair. A word of caution though, lemons can visibly lighten hair so make sure you use it diluted. Eggs are packed with numerous nutrients, which makes it one of the most perfect foods in our diet. Eggs are well known for their very rich source of protein. The protein found in eggs is the highest quality of protein you can ever find in any food. 

Health benefits of eggs:
Protein - Nourishes the hair roots for hair growth.
Fatty Acids - Give your hair a natural glossy shine.
Potassium - For healing dry damaged hair.
Vitamin A - Prevents hair breakage.
Vitamin D - Prevents hair loss and balding.
Vitamin B12 - For hair growth.
Calcium - For long healthy hair, calcium promotes hair growth and is important for 
proper absorption of vitamin D.

My mom has been telling me about these 'old wives' treatments since I was a young girl, but I was always too grossed out to try them. But these treatments actually work! So, listen to your mothers!! A homemade egg hair mask will give you an amazing boost of calcium plus protein, giving your hair a soft feel as well as a lustrous shine. Now, onto the ingredients:

One or two eggs (I used two since my hair is so long)
1 cup of milk (for shoulder length hair use 1/2 cup)
A squeeze of lemon
Two tablespoons of olive oil (or coconut oil)

Mix/blend and then massage onto your scalp.
Leave it in for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse out with lukewarm water.
I washed my hair with Johnston&Johnston's chamomile shampoo and a detangling conditioner afterwards
(I love baby products!).

Results:




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MODERN REVIVAL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig