Saturday 25 October 2014

MOUNTAINS

I just returned from a relaxing week spent in the mountains in Zakopane, Poland with a friend and here are some snaps from our hiking and fresh air breathing adventures. If you are looking for a cozy cabin, look no further than Willa Rajka in Zakopane. With views of the mountains and good atmosphere I can only imagine how much more romantic it would be in the winter time with snow on the ground. I was surprised to find the Hungarian traditional 'Kürtőskalács' (chimney cake) in the mountains and of course, the sweet smell tempted us and we could not resist! Hungarian food was widely available in the town, which makes me still wonder when a Polish restaurant will open up in Budapest!? Perhaps I will have to open it myself! :) I absolutely loved eating pierogi and other traditional Polish dishes and seeing waiters and waitresses in their 'Góralskie' (mountain) traditional clothing. 











Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© MODERN REVIVAL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig